Welcome to the FPG Library Blog

Welcome to the Frank Porter Graham Elementary Library blog. Check out all the wonderful things our students are learning and some of the best books to use with children both in school and at home.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Five Elements of Story - in Rap Form!

Okay, so check this out......when it comes to coming across things that I think will excite students and pull them into a lesson I get super excited especially when it involves digital media. Therefore, it was no surprise when I saw this video clip I became giddy with excitement about how this could be utilized in upper grades classrooms. When teaching about story elements in readers or writers workshop we could energize our students and even get them singing this song in the hallways - and it's all about literacy!! This song even uses some relevant examples that students can relate to and understand. Perhaps I'll start hearing our own FPG students humming this tune across the school. I'd be happy to collaborate with any teacher on a "Five Elements" into lesson in which we could share this and do a follow-up activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment